Skip to Content
- Toss chopped banana into a bowl of whole grain cereal.
- Blend fresh or frozen berries with your favorite milk to make a fruit smoothie. Add a handful of spinach or kale for an extra boost!
- Add diced tomatoes, red peppers and baby spinach to an omelette.
- Add sliced tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot and spinach leaves to whole grain sandwiches and wraps.
- Toss leftover grilled vegetables into a green salad.
- Have a bowl of vegetable soup with your sandwich.
- Use dark green lettuces such as romaine in salads.
- Add quick cooking greens such as spinach, kale, rapini or Swiss chard to soups.
- Fortify pasta sauces and casseroles with grated zucchini and carrots.
- Bake a sweet potato instead of a white potato – you’ll consume more beta-carotene and fiber.
- Carry fruit with you such as an apple, pear, plums or grapes.
- Pack single-serve unsweetened applesauce in your car, backpack or briefcase.
- Prepare snack-size bags of dried fruits and nuts.
- Prepare bags of prepared veggies to grab and go: carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper strips, broccoli florets and mushroom caps – add an herbal dip on the side!
- Eat slices of banana, apple or pears with almond butter.