Looking for a unique homemade gift idea? Well look no further!
This Douglas fir infused vodka is a tasty, unusual libation that makes a thoughtful gift. Try blending it with sparkling water, tonic or even ginger ale for an intriguing cocktail!
Keep reading to learn how to make this incredibly GIFTable Douglas fir-infused vodka. ??
- 3 handfuls of young douglas fir needles
- 2x2" lengths of very thin, woody douglas fir stems
- 750 mL bottle of vodka
- 1 quart jar, sterilized
- Place needles and stems into a blender, and add enough vodka to cover
- Blend for 30 -60 seconds on high
- Pour mixture into jar and add the rest of the vodka
- Seal and gently shake a couple of times a day
- Start tasting at day 3, if it's strong enough, strain; If not, wait until day 4 then strain
- Do not let it go longer than 4 days; strain and store in a cool, dry place and use within 6 months
© 2023 Copyright Huckleberry Mountain Botanicals
Want to learn more herbal preparations like this one? Check out our Herbal Preparations online course series!