This is a super easy herbal honey recipe that is great for an after-dinner treat. Just top a piece of toast or cracker with this honey to help with digestion. (note: this is technically called an electuary because you are putting dried herbs into honey and leaving it there)
Here are a few other herbal honey ideas:
- ginger & cinnamon
- rose hips & orange peel
- lavender & lemon balm
- garlic honey (great to use in a hot beverage with fresh squeezed lemon juice when battling illness)
When I make herbal honey I like to make a little at a time so we are sure to use it. If you use a lot of honey at your house, you may want to double or triple the recipe! Watch on YouTube – Don’t forget to subscribe and hit that notification bell. Stay tuned… we upload every Friday! ??
- 2 T dried, powdered herbs
- 1/2 c raw, local honey
- jar with lid
- small pot with canning jar rings to keep jar away from direct heat
- Fill pot with water to below the level of the jar, and bring to a simmer
- Pour honey into the jar, and place in simmering water
- Warm honey until it is thin
- Remove jar and add herbs, stirring well
- Allow to cool then cover.
- You can use it right away, or allow it to sit for a couple of weeks before using.
- If you'd like, you can strain the herbs out, heat the honey again and strain through cheesecloth. I just keep the herbs in the honey and use it that way.
© 2023 Copyright Huckleberry Mountain Botanicals