Yes, that’s a real word describing the fear of Friday the 13th. Some people have so much fear surrounding Friday the 13th that they refuse to leave the house. (that might be a great day to hit superstores and malls if you’re into that) 🙂
I don’t have a problem with the day, but if you do, here are a few herbs that, according to folklore, have been used for good luck and protection.
- considered sacred by ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Romans and Hebrews
- has been used for protection and strength amongst other things
- this wonderfully aromatic herb can also enhance memory and cognition
- drinking a cup of chamomile tea is said to bring good luck and prosperity
- nervine effects could help you stay calm if you’re feeling stressed about the day
According to the old calendar, angelica bloomed around the Feast day of the Archangel Michael, who appeared in a vision announcing angelica’s protective powers against evil.
Try making a hydrosol using these fragrant herbs ??
Are you scared, but have to leave the house?
Prepare a sachet to hang on your rearview mirror:
- 1 part rosemary
- 1 part angelica
- 1 part chamomile
Wrap the herbs in muslin or other natural cloth, and tie with a red ribbon.
For more herbal folklore, check out our Herb-a-Month program!