Fancied up ice cubes are so much fun for adding that special touch to dinner parties or summer gatherings! Herbs, berries and even edible flowers make such a pretty presentation suspended in a crystal clear cube of ice. ?
Keep reading to learn how to make these simple but impressive beauties. They’ll add a delicate flavor to water, and if paired with a similar drink recipe, they prevent your beverages from being watered down by regular ice.
P.S. If you need a refresher on how to make herbal syrups, check out our videos:
- 20 mL elderflower syrup
- 1 c green tea (steep 2 tsp green tea leaves in 8 oz hot water for 2 minutes then strain)
- fresh mint
- berries: blackberry, blueberry, etc.
- Add elderflower syrup to the tea; stir well
- Add a piece of mint leaf and a couple of berries to each square of an ice cubes tray
- Fill the tray with the tea/syrup
- These would be great in a glass of tea, sparkling water, prosecco or in a wine mojito cocktail
Bonus: Green Tea Vodka Spritzer
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 oz vodka
- splash ginger ale
- Combine, stir and garnish with a slice of lime
Do you love cooking with herbs? Sign up for access to FREE herbal content on our website!