In our humble opinion, there’s no reason to say goodbye to margaritas just because summer’s over.
Fall weather screams for warming and spicy beverages. Last year Linde and I did four facebook lives each week, every Thursday was herbal cocktail night and I am not joking… this was my all time favorite cocktail!
The addition of a few seasonal herbs and spices are a great way to infuse some autumn, as well as some herbal goodness, into our favorite warm-weather cocktail.
Pumpkin, spices and tequila? YES PLEASE!
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 1/2 oz chilled Spiced Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- A few dashes bitters – just grab any bitters you have on hand
- Lime wedge and spiced sugar rim, for garnish
1. Place everything in a cocktail shaker filled with ice
2. Shake well then pour into glass with prepared rim
P.S. We did a Facebook live of this recipe… check it out if you are a visual person 🙂
- 1 c apple cider
- 8 whole allspice berries
- 8 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 T cardamom pods
- 1" piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c sugar
- In a small saucepan, simmer all ingredients (except sugar) together for 30 minutes; strain
- Return to saucepan and add sugar
- Stir and lightly simmer until fully dissolved
- Allow to cool
- Store in a jar, this will keep for several months
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel