I (Linde) recently wrapped up a 21-day lockdown challenge where I made a youtube video every single day. Today, I wanted to share one of my favorites: Herbal Hot Cocoa.
Nothing says “comfort” better than a steaming hot mug of hot chocolate on a cool spring evening. But not just any hot chocolate will do… toss out those packets of Swiss Miss and try this simple and delicious dandelion root hot cocoa blend using healthy, whole food ingredients.
It is soooo yummy but it’s also good for you!! A combination of dandelion root and cocoa nibs not only make a rich, flavorful beverage, but also provides vitamins, minerals and prebiotics to feed your gut flora! Bonus: chocolate also boosts your mood 😉
Seriously, you’ll be amazed at how good this is! Let us know if you try it. (And don’t forget to hit subscribe!) ??
- 1/3 c cocoa powder
- 1/3 c cream
- 3-5 T honey
- 1/3 c roasted dandelion root
- 1 T cacao nibs
- cinnamon stick
- 20 oz water
- Decoct cinnamon, nibs and dandelion root in water for 30 minutes; strain
- Meanwhile, combine cocoa powder and cream over low heat until fully incorporated
- Allow to cool to below 110F, then stir in 3 T honey (reserve the rest for adding later if needed)
- Combine dandelion root decoction and chocolate/honey mixture
- Add additional honey if desired; top with fresh whipped cream
Check out our Pinterest boards for fun recipes and herbal inspiration!