We love lemonade in all its delicious forms, but you just can’t beat the combination of fresh lemon and fragrant lavender in this elegant variation!
Besides smelling amazing, lavender (Lavandula spp.) promotes relaxation, can take the edge of anxiety and can help you get a better night’s sleep.
Keep reading to learn how to make this simple and beautiful lavender-lemonade syrup that’s perfect for helping you to kick back and unwind after a long day. You can also check out the YouTube video! ??
- 1/4 c dried lavender flower buds
- 1 c water
- 1 1/2-2 c sugar or honey
- 6 lemons, juiced (approx. 1 1/2 c juice)
- To make the lavender infusion, bring water to a simmer, and cut the heat; add the lavender buds (do not boil the lavender), stir and allow to sit for 1 hour.
- Strain infusion though a cheesecloth-lined colander to remove all plant matter.
- Add sugar to infusion and simmer for about 15 minutes to fully dissolve.
- Gradually combine lavender syrup and lemon juice, tasting as you go until you like the lemon-sugar balance.
© 2023 Copyright Huckleberry Mountain Botanicals