Here at Huckleberry Mountain Botanicals, Thursday is our “Friday,” and you all know what that means… it’s time for another herbal cocktail recipe!
Continuing our “what the heck do I do with all this rhubarb” series, join us as we mix up a rhubarb-basil cocktail. The tartness of the rhubarb plays nicely with the bright and savory basil, resulting in a unique weekend cocktail that’s both elegant and complex.
Don’t miss the video tutorial on YouTube! ??
- Rhubarb Purée:
- 1 c rhubarb cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 T water
- 3-4 basil leaves, rolled and cut into thin strips
- 3 T rhubarb purée
- 1 shot vodka, ice and 3 oz club soda OR use 4 oz white wine (sparkling or not) & ice if you want
- Place rhubarb, sugar and water in a small saucepan
- Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the rhubarb is soft
- Use an immersion blender to purée until smooth
- Strain the purée through a fine mesh strainer
- Place the basil in the bottom of a glass and press with the back of a spoon to bruise slightly
- Add the rhubarb purée and stir well
- Add vodka and sparkling water OR wine
- Garnish with rhubarb twist
© 2023 Copyright Huckleberry Mountain Botanicals