This is a tasty dish to serve anytime. With the addition of ginger and chamomile you have a dish that can help digestion as well as calm the nervous system.
Mushrooms with Mellowing Herbs
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed and thickly sliced
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 cup kale, coarsely chopped
- 3/4-1 cup brewed chamomile tea
- 1 Tbs tamari soy sauce
- pinch of ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried chamomile flowers
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan and heat on high until the liquid begins to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring constantly, until the mushrooms are cooked through and liquid is evaporated, about 4 minutes. Serve warm over quinoa, brown rice, or wild rice.
- Winter tip: Sprinkle generously with fresh ground black pepper for the warming effect
- Summer tip: Add a 2-inch strip of lemon zest during cooking, discard before serving
© 2022 Copyright Huckleberry Mountain Botanicals