This time of year simply begs for pumpkin spice and everything nice!
This pumpkin spice liqueur is a great addition to your beverage offerings. You can use it as a sipping liqueur, or easily add some egg nog, milk, or use it as an ingredient in a cocktail. This is absolutely delicious and keeps well in the refrigerator.
Let us know if you make it and how you used it! Join our community to connect with other herbalists ??
- 2 c water
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
- 6 (3″) cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 T dried ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c rum
- Simmer cinnamon and cloves over medium heat for 30 minutes; strain
- Return to the pot and add sugar; simmer for another 5-10 minutes to thicken
- Add vanilla extract and rum; stir well and allow to cool completely
- Store in a container in a cool dark place for at least 2 days before using
* Longer storage (up to 3 months) will produce a more flavorful liqueur.