Summer’s heating up, and that calls for drastic measures.
Not just any popsicles, though – ditch the store bought options for a nutritious homemade ice pop infused with rose hips and chamomile.
Rose hips (Rosa spp.) are the fruit of the rose plant that develop as the flowers drop off for the season. They’re packed full of antioxidants, and are also one of the most concentrated sources of vitamin C available.
Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) is well known as a gentle herbal tea used for calming the nerves and soothing the digestive tract. It’s also helpful for menstrual pain, reducing inflammation and managing blood sugar – among it’s other talents.
It’s mild, pleasant flavor also happens to pair beautifully with the bright, tartness of rose hips!
Check out the recipe and video below to learn how to make a tasty homemade treat that’s as nourishing as it is refreshing ??
- 3 g dried chamomile
- 5 g rose hips
- 1-1/4 c water
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 c honey
- Bring water and rose hips to a boil, and allow to simmer on low for 30 minutes
- Remove from heat and add chamomile; cover
- Steep for 5-10 minutes
- Strain and allow to cool
- Combine honey, banana and yogurt in a blender, and pulse until almost smooth
- Add the herbal tea, and blend until smooth
- Pour into popsicle molds or paper cups and freeze
- Add the sticks after it is partially frozen