On February 12, Linde and I did a live on Facebook where we shared a recipe for this awesome and tasty margarita. I usually wait until the day of the live to test my recipe, and most of the time they’re winners, but other times they’re a flop and really require some fine-tuning. I did make a few changes to this recipe “on-the-go,” and I’m including my changes here.
Spicy Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 whole red chile peppers
- Add the water and sugar to a small saucepan and heat over medium until sugar is dissolved
- Add the remaining ingredients; simmer over low heat for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- 2 T spicy chocolate syrup
- 2 oz tequila
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake well for 30-60 seconds until everything is cold
- Pour into a cocktail glass (I still need to buy more, so I subbed a wine glass) 🙂
I also made a delicious spicy-coconut-sugar rim:
- unsweetened coconut, toasted
- cayenne pepper, powdered
The measurements are whatever you choose. You will likely have some spicy coconut sugar left over, so make sure you store it in a small, airtight container and label it so you remember what’s in there! (Do as I say, not as I do ?)
Honestly, I think this combination would be awesome if you made a hot chocolate with the spicy chocolate syrup (spike it with a little vodka, rum or tequila if you want). Then, take a small wooden stir stick, and dip it in melted chocolate and cover it in the coconut spice sugar. You can dip it in the hot chocolate to add a little sweet & spicy garnish!
If you make the recipe, let us know in our community and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and subscribe to us on YouTube!