What is Candidias?
Candidias is an overgrowth in the GI of the Candida albicans, which is always in the GI but becomes a problem if not kept in balance. Did you know that women are 8 times more likely to get it than men?
- chronic fatigue/loss of energy
- decreased libido
- bloating, gas and intestinal cramping pain
- vaginal yeast infections
- frequent bladder infections
- depression and/or irritability
- inability to concentrate
- allergies and generalized sensitivities to chemicals and smells
- low immune function
Factors that can contribute to Candidiasis
- decreased digestive secretions (hydrochloric acid, enzymes, bile, etc)
- diet composed mainly of processed foods and sugars
- nutrient deficiencies
- drugs that suppress the immune system
- prolonged antibiotic use (the #1 cause)
- impaired liver function
- imbalanced gut flora
- coritcosteroid use
Basic dietary guidelines (4 weeks)
- processed and refined foods
- sugar and sugar substitutes – whole leaf stevia can be used sparingly
- dairy products
- dried fruits
- all known allergies or suspected food allergies
- leafy greens and a variety of vegetables
- whole grains – brown rice, millet, quinoa, & rice pasta
- limit fruit to 1-2 servings, focus mainly on berries, oranges, apples, grapefruit
- chicken, fish, beef & turkey
- sweet potatoes and yams
- nuts & seeds
- Ezekiel bread or gluten free bread (try to limit this to 1-2 slices a day)
- drink a lot of water
Working with me
This is a very brief overview, not personal advice.
No health problem exists in a vacuum. Candidiasis affects every major system in the body, (digestion, immunity, endocrine and nervous) so I will help you figure out ways to get to the root of the problem while rebuilding and strengthening those systems using diet, supplements, herbs and lifestyle.
I do not diagnose or treat disease, I educate on the use of diet, supplements, herbs, and lifestyle to invigorate the body's innate healing ability.